No state license required to become HVAC technicians in Nevada.
However, it does require a license for HVAC contractors.
– Submit the application form here and along with the fee of $300.
– A biennial license fee of $600 will also be asked of you if your application is accepted.
– Requirements include at least 4 years of industry experience within the last 10 years.
– Complete fingerprints, a background check, and bond.
– You must also pass an open-book business and law exam and a closed-book trade exam. Each exam consists of 85 multiple-choice questions in 3 hours, with a passing score of 70%.
– The exam costs $130 to take.
Note: Federal law requires EPA certification.
For more information, visit Nevada Contractors Board.