Maryland currently offers 3 separate HVAC licenses in these areas:
Getting licensed (Apprentice)
– Submit application online along with $10 fee.
Getting licensed (Journeyperson)
– Must have either served at least 3 years as an apprentice in Maryland, or passed a written exam.
– Submit application online here along with $20 fee
Getting licensed (Master)
– Must have served at least 3 years as an journey in Maryland and have passed a written exam.
– Submit application online here along with $75 fee
Note: Federal law requires EPA certification.
For more information, visit Maryland Dept of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.